Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sunny Celebration at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum by Bijoux Events featured on Style Me Pretty! Congratulations Lara + Ian!

What starts off with crazy good sparkling heels, only gets better as you scroll through this day captured by Anna Costa. And the Santa Barbara Historical Museum? It’s the leader of the beautiful outdoor venue pack; especially when outfitted with blooms by Tenley Erin Young Floral and details coordinated by Bijoux Events. See the full affair right here.

COLORS
SEASONS
SUMMER
SETTINGS
MUSEUM
STYLES
ELEGANT
From The Bride…Ian and I met at a bar in Santa Barbara in 2009. We had a great conversation, and then Ian was too shy to ask for my number. He figured that he could just find my contact info on my university’s website, which led to him emailing someone else in my department and asking her out. Luckily, she pointed him in the right direction, and we managed to meet for coffee! Three years later, in June of 2012, we got engaged while on vacation in the mountains of Colorado. At that point, we had been living in separate countries for a year (with me in California and him in the U.K.) and were thrilled to begin planning our wedding and making plans for a future together.
We set a date for August of 2013. Since I knew I’d be leaving Santa Barbara soon (we moved to Canada shortly after the wedding), I was eager to include things that define southern California for me: succulents; bright, gorgeous flowers; adobe; great food and local produce; and lots and lots of sunshine. More than anything, Ian and I wanted our wedding to be a good party, and it was! We included games and MadLibs on the cocktail tables, and my parents made a Baggo set from scratch that guests could play with throughout the evening. We had great food, funny toasts, and a wonderful band that kept us dancing like fools throughout the night. The reception ended with coffee and cookies homemade by Ian and me.
Our wedding was everything we could have hoped for, and we feel so lucky that so many of our family and friends were able to celebrate with us. Many thanks to our wedding coordinator, Bijoux Events, and our other vendors for making it all happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment